How to feed Nori? How much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75 gal FOWLR. I have 6 fish (Porcupinefish, Diamond Goby, Tomato clown, coral beauty, Dwarf lion, and yellow tang). I've been feeding them all mysis, krill, and brine shrimp (ghost shrimp to the lion). I was reading that the tang and coral, and clown need algae to complete their diet. Is a clip of nori 3 times a week enough? Is this a good diet for healthy fish? There is algae around the tank too.

I give my herbivores a section of algae sheet about 1"x 3" on a clip every day. If any of it is still there in a few hours, it gets removed. How big a piece you give will depend on the size of the fish eating it. :) Yes, it's healthy for them; They're herbivores.

I just posted in Gregcoyote's thread on "If you want fat happy fish, make your own food". You might want to give it a read. It was encouraging to me and I'm glad I made my own food. It's easy, better, and cheaper. No more PIA frozen cubes and dried tins of cardboard (read: flakes that are mostly ash).

Back
Top Bottom