How to get rid of green hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used astrea snails, but I only had a bit of it growing.

Snails and algae blennys can get rid if it but to stop it from hopping I would find out the source. Prob have high phosphates. Even if you check it and it reads 0 there is still phosphates in there. The algae is using it up and will not show. You can do mare water changes and try it get most of the green hair algae out manually. Or you can get a phos band reactor. To little fishy's makes a good one. I'm speaking from experience because I had green hair algae all over.

Green Algae

I had a big problems and found that I was running my day lights to long. That plus a couple of blue and red legged hermits took care of it.

I had the same problem I just bought 10 dwarf blue legged crabs as they love the stuff I've also seen a couple of my cleaner shrimp eating it but when I first got it I had a ton and I just went around the tank grabbing the bottom of the algae and pulling it apart and putting it into the trash it helped me a lot I barley have any now and what I do have is slowly dying off

Back
Top Bottom