Hydroids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a FOWLR and I rearranged the rock last week. Today I noticed that I have these things growing on my glass and in my sand in one spot. I have looked all over and it looks like they are hydroids. They are very small and kind of pink/brown in color. I scrapped them off of the glass with my mag float. I am reading they are very bad for corals, what about fish? I have also found what I think is a aiptasia in between some of my rock. I added some new rock about 2 weeks ago. Will any of these hurt the fish? :confused:

Don't know much about hydroids but the aptasia will sting corals when they get close and big. They also spread like crazy. Get some aptasia x or joes juice and nuke em. Hopefully someone will chime in the the droyds. :)

voices.yahoo.com/hydroids-... - United States

Wow it worked. My copy and pasting skills arnt the best. If the link works read it it is good article about hydroids. I've come to the conclusion that they are neither good nor bad. Only if they get to close to sensitive corals will they become a problem. Hope this works.

Back
Top Bottom