I bought a yellow belly blue hippo over the weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonnySilva

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I bought a yellow belly blue hippo over the weekend and he looks fine just a bit stressed cuz its a new environment for him but he seems to have alot of little bubbles around him does anyone know what this could b any advice plz :)

Little bubbles??? Are you sure it's not ich - tangs are notorious for getting that. Pictures or more details please.

all4wheels2 said:
Little bubbles??? Are you sure it's not ich - tangs are notorious for getting that. Pictures or more details please.

I would post upp pics soon
But say its ich what my fish has what can I do
And as for details a bunch of little bubbles are around his body n well he really isnt swimming around I would post upp some pics tomorrow the lights are off at the moment

Ich looks like the fish has been sprinkled with salt. Some fish can fight through it, I lost both of my tangs to it.

I strongly recommend you google it and learn about the parasite. You can treat either with cupramine or hyposalinity. But make sure it's actually ich first :)

Fish/inverts can get bubbles just "stuck" on them. If they ever touch air or go under a bubble wall or something like that they can get little bubbles everywhere.

Sounds like ich to me...Not too many people( and none i know of ) have bubble wands or any sort of bubbles in saltwater tanks

I've seen it. Sometimes my batfish literally gets bubble on her sometimes then she swims and it comes off.

Back
Top Bottom