i found a new pet shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
finally, i found a different place to buy some fish from. they are about an hour away from here, but they have a better selection of livestock than the place i normally shop at. they have more expensive stuff too, like the rock is pretty close to double of what it is right here off base.

anyways, they have some gobies that i like, and i was interested in buying one soon. i was wondering what kind of requirements should i be preparing for until i get one.

they also have a small selection of coral to purchase. Melosu gave me a link to a new lighting set up that is 420 watts, what kinds of corals should i be looking at to be able to purchase with that light set up?

What kind of lighting is the set up?

With gobies, it really depends on what kind you have. Check out liveaquaria.com and browse their goby section for some great info and variety.

Congrats on finding the new place. :)

it's a 40 gallon tank. right now i have quite a bit of chromis, but i plan on removing some and taking them back to my lfs, but i think that the gobies are neat looking. the light set up is a mixture with the metal halide lamps, and then also flourescent lighting. with the light set up being so strong, i was hoping to get some corals later on as well.

I suggest you check out that Link that Hara gave you and you should be OK. I also noticed you said you want corals and you`ll need to get rid of the CC Star as they will eat your corals.

i plan to get rid of him when i give back the chromis. i wrote to the people at aquatraders.com about the light set up that they do not have in stock, and i still haven't gotten a response. is that normal, or should i wait a couple days before wondering?

You might have to wait a few days and see being it`s a weekend. If that one does not pan out then check out ebay as they have some good deals also.

Back
Top Bottom