I need a BLUE fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I wanted to get a blue fish of some kind to add to the color spectrum of fish in my tank. It's a 35 gallon. Current fish are mccoskes flasher wrasse, bicolor blenny, and an ocellaris clown. I wad thinking a goby if some sort or some other small fish specie. One I've seen that I liked was a lyretail blue gundgeon dartfish. Do u think being such a doctile dartfish that it will be harassed?

Any other suggestions very welcome thanks. Here's a nice pic of that dartfish.

timthumb.jpeg

Yea not really looking for a school. I have been considering the blue reef chromis though.

The small blue fish that comes to mind at the moment is an Assessor Basslet. That or a school of blue reef chromis (not the blue-green chromis). These chromis are a lot deeper blue than the blue green variety.

So far I'm thinking either a lyretail blue dartfish, a blue neon goby, or maybe even a chalk bass. Do u think my flasher wrasse will pick on the dartfish or any of the others listed?

What about a Pygmy or bi color dwarf angel? Also, my coral beauty is mostly blue with a little orange.

I like the little Pygmy. Also like the coral beauty. I just finally got me some led lights. U got the marineland 21 inch hidden led strip. Pretty sweet and its completely submersible. I like the moon mode that's got the blue. Makes my mushrooms really pop! My mccoskers looks cool in it too. Will this light bring out the blue in any fish or what? I've seen the springeri damsels light up pretty nice with them. Any other's that do this good?

Very nice. A little pricey but a good looking fish indeed. Anyone know how the neon blue gobies or the chalk bass looks under the moonlight leds?

I had both in my 36 for some time. The goby would hang out on a mushroom leather I had. The chalk bass was my favorite. Was sad to see him go. You have to be careful with compatability with them. Basslets and dottybacks dont like fish that look like them. My larger royal gramma was the end of the chalk bass and I havent got another due to similarities with dottybacks. Id recommend either the chalk bass or dottyback. They are really neat fiah that dart in and out if the rockwork, especially at feeding time. Very fast.

Back
Top Bottom