I need some advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leeboy-83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A nasty infection has near wiped out my stock,apart from from a pyjama cardinal and a cleaner wrasse which to look at don't seem to be too affected! The cleaner wrasse has been seen to have a scratch or too on the rocks but apart from that its fine!

I have found a qt tank to treat the fish but there is also some hermits a white starfish and some snails in the display tank.

Heres my question!,
Do the hermits,starfish and snails carry the disease? As i cant give invertebrates the copper based treatments.
And if i leave the invertebrates stay in the main tank while it lays fallow for two months,will they keep the infection alive in the display tank?

A nasty infection has near wiped out my stock,apart from from a pyjama cardinal and a cleaner wrasse which to look at don't seem to be too affected! The cleaner wrasse has been seen to have a scratch or too on the rocks but apart from that its fine!

I have found a qt tank to treat the fish but there is also some hermits a white starfish and some snails in the display tank.

Heres my question!,
Do the hermits,starfish and snails carry the disease? As i cant give invertebrates the copper based treatments.
And if i leave the invertebrates stay in the main tank while it lays fallow for two months,will they keep the infection alive in the display tank?

If you leave the critters in the DT and treat your fish in a separate QT, then you are good. Fish host Ich, so without them, the Ich will die off. Leave the DT fallow for 6-8 weeks and it should be Ich-free.

I'm assuming its Ich?

Cheers bud, ive been busy all day with them.they are in a hospital tank right now and today i started a 5 day myxazin treatment in them.im quite sure now that its some kind of bacterial fungus infection like fin rot,the myxazin apparently treats symptoms of frayed fins,cloudy eyes and irritations.
I also gave all the fish one by one a 5 minute freshwater bath wich seems to have perked them right up.
Im gonna take the advice and leave my display with the inverts for 6-8 weeks and a week at a time add the fish so i can monitor and see how everything goes.
Thanks again for the help!!,im seein a little light at end of the tunnel now :)

Back
Top Bottom