I think im failing..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Every.. Single fish of mine has ich.. Every.. My 75 gl is dieing of quick.. My oscars of 6+ months in my 100gl now have ich.. Im at a complete loss.. My 28 gl with sleeper goby 1 perc clown cleaner shrimp and damsel is perfecto.. But my 2 main tanks are crashn?!?! Think it might be my body wash contaminating there water???

Nitrates .0
Ph 7.5
Ammonia .5
75 degrees

first of all,i'm confused why you have an ammonia reading??
that should a big 0...
That is your stress right there...your tank has probably always had ich(if you never QTed and treated your fish)..that is causing the outbreaks ...personally i don't think it has anything to do with your body wash
Keep your head up and don't get discouraged

Absolutley right.. All my test kits are red sea and have been doing bad readings.. My parameters were perfect BUT my salt was very very high

Like 1.035 high.. I have all my inverts drip aclimating to go into my qt tank and i have a bi color angel already in there..should be interesting to see what happens

big water change and knock salt level down slowly to 1.021 to hypo the tank and kill off the ick. and also raise temp slowly up over few days with lowering salt level to 78*

Get some Ick attack natural as well, its safe for LR and corals It'll take a few bottles to clean that up.

Are you topping off with saltwater? Why do you have your salinity so high?

Didnt know it was so high.. My gfs jid musta moved refractormeter knob so i was miss reading the whole time

Like 1.035 high.. I have all my inverts drip aclimating to go into my qt tank and i have a bi color angel already in there..should be interesting to see what happens

Why are you putting the inverts in the QT? You can't treat the QT with anything that will rid the ich if the inverts are in there. Ich won't live on them in the DT, so it is best to leave them there if you are treating for ich in the QT.

Im not treating anyone had to get them out of the main tank. The bicolor angel thats already in there isnt sick i was just making sure he wasnt gunna. And with me waking up to a dead fosh everymorning im glad i had him in there

As for the oscars.. I know this belongs in freshwater but i had it in the first thread.. They were eating live fish once in awhile and im pretty sure they got it from them since my parrotfish and pleco do not have it?

Think it might be my body wash contaminating there water???
No. Ich is a parasite and it MUST be introduced into the system. Nothing can make it appear if it's not already there.
Also, saltwater ich and freshwater ich are 2 totally different species so having ich in a FW tank will not/can not be transferred to the SW tank.

Sorry for all the miss spelling.. Been getn real aggitated with all this.. I feel like i know a good portion or atleast some what about sw but when it comes down to it i always leave something out or jump a step.. EEERRR

Yes, a fallow(no fish) tank for a minimum of 8 weeks "should" allow the ich to all die off...the inverts can stay,,ich cannot host inverts ..personally i would do 9-10 weeks

Your the man! So in all seriousness there was no need to take 15 crabs 4 snails and 2 shrimp out? Laaaaaame

Your the man! So in all seriousness there was no need to take 15 crabs 4 snails and 2 shrimp out? Laaaaaame
:lol:,,no not really,but thanks ,,and i hope it all comes out for the best...
Yeah,,you could have lest all those critters in

Things are going good.. Have aaaaaallll my inverts in my 20 gl long " evn though it was pointless to move them" i re rockscaped when i bought new lr today since i do NOT want my arm in the tank ever again.. The lr has alot of (polyps?) tinny lil plants with very green tips :) i still have that bicolor angel in that 20 gl.. I pick up a used 40 gl for $180 tomarow.. Dors instant ocean bio spear work like it says? Makes fish immediatly safe?? If so i want to get everuthing out og my 20 into the 40 asap .. I added a new hydora wavemaker to my 75 just to get that lil more umffff.. I also bought a H.O.T magnum filter to add to the filtration thats coming with the 40 gl.. 8+ weeks without fish on the 75 is gunna be hard :/ ill post a pic of the actinic later on.. My 28 gl halfmoon is STILL running strong.. 1 perc clown.. 1 sleeper head goby .. 1 mammoth cleaner shrimp 1 green chromy and 2 devil damsels..FT youv been a great help thank you

Looks good ,,now keep it empty for 8-10 weeks(y)

Not sure i understand your questions about "making fish safe"
Whatever filters/sponges and/or rocks you have in the 20 will have to go in 40(you can even use a rock or 2 from your 28 gl, i keep an empty HOB on my DT running for my QT,when i know i need to QT i put some floss in it for a few) .. .. You can either use the 20 gallons of water from the 20 (i would) or make all fresh..Are you going to do hypo??
Glad i could help..i went through this exact situation 6 years ago..i do remember the wait and staring at an empty DT,,but its so worth it..

So with no live stock in my tank for awhile would you suggest i add anything boost any kind of growth on my rock? So when i do start to stock once again there would be plenty of stuff growing? Ooooor just chill out entirely from it for awhile? I do have tiny anemone looking things all over the lr rock i bought the other day what should i be doing to help them ? I dont need a turkey baster and liquid food for them do i?

Back
Top Bottom