Ideas for best non aggressive clean up crew please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cancun

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I had a coral banded shrimp as part of my clean up crew....along with a few hermit crabs....and a few snails....my hermit crabs seemed two aggressive and would attack my starfish. ...so I took them back to my lfs.....a few weeks ago my cb shrimp attacked my anemone. ...and died during the night....I replaced my cb shrimp with another cb shrimp...a week later it to attacked my anemone. ..and died by the next day....so I want to go back to my lfs and replenish my cuc but I need some ideas for peaceful cuc who do a good job...but won't attack fish or anything. ...thanks for any and all help!!!

What size tank? Are you sure the starfish and nem were healthy as surprises me they would attack them in full health.

Hi! I have a 29 gallon biocube....yea both the nem and starfish are in great health....surprised me too.....but just in case I didn't want to risk trying a third cb shrimp. ....:D

Your anemone had to have something wrong with it as the anemone would have digested the shrimp if he was in good shape. I just don't think that was the reason. As far as the CUC just get some snails and small hermit crabs

Or nothing at all. You don't really need snails and crabs and shrimp. They don't really clean anything. Just more eating, pooping, critters to care for.

Back
Top Bottom