Im currently looking at adding another fish but not completely sure which route to go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the upgrade isn't in the immediate future but I combat my depression with fish lol. (Its sad) but now that im full its on to upgrading equipment... what imma do is slowly replace my current equipment with equipment that'll support a 300. . . Once I get the equipment all together ill pull the trigger in the tank

I have a 125 fowlr that's stocked as follows
1-black volitan lionfish (5-6) 15" max
1-niger trigger (6) 12" max
1 Picasso trigger(5-6) 10" max
1 powder brown tang(5-6) 8" max
1 green spot puffer(4) 6" max & a brackish fish
1 MaY clown (4-5) 6" max
1 engineer goby (9-10) 12" max
1 harlequin tusk (2-3) 10" max

Im currently looking at adding another fish but not completely sure which route to go.

I do know the adult size of your fish (in red) because I do my research ;) Your tank is maxed out and you were still considering adding another fish!!! And you have your tusk in a sump..why??? Where's that research at?

Yes, your tank is fine right now, as is the 55g with 2 trigs and 2 puffs...but just give it a few more months. Like YOU said "it's like shoving a human in an 8-10 room...not good".

I rest my case...you can say whatever you want now. I'm through with this. If you can't understand what your doing, then it's pointless.

Id greatly appreciate it if you'd stop posting on my threads, you have absolutely no concept of the situation and your previous post proved it perfectly. If you did any amounts of "research" you'd realize that my tusk is in the sump because he's a bit too small for the dt quite yet. And once again. Pay attention and reread my posts. I have a upgrade plan already ready. You have absolutely no grasp of what equipment im running or any other specifics on my tank. So stop trying to argue a point that's completely null and void... so stop being arrogant and go post elsewhere:)

Could you explain better please? Why do I need to let some go in the future?

I do not know much about SW fish, but I do know that a trigger or two with a puffer needs really big tanks. Plus a tang! wow. I wanted a 90g for a single tang, but thought a single SW puffer would be more entertaining in a 125g. I think you have a full tank and some of your fish may become stunted. Its really tough and expensive upgrading tanks, especially one bigger than 180g SW setup.

If you want to add anything, then a smaller fish is a good way to go. But your bigger and more aggressive fish might try to eat it. But if you add another big fish, you'd be really pushing the limits of your current tank.

I can respect that. Now that its been brought up I went ahead and added up the adult sizes of my fish as per LiveAquaria and I've come out to 78 adult inches.. which ill be the first to admit is high but I truly believe there are some extenuating circumstances to that number, for instance that number is taking into account 12" for my engineer goby....which doesn't even come out from under the rocks. Idk id def agree that im full or even slightly overstocked but I don't honestly see me having issues once everyones full grown. Besides the lion will prob eat half of them anyways by then lmao

Back
Top Bottom