I'm learning a hard lesson Angel fish are complicated!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not angelfish in particular but instead it's that your tank is infested with ich. The fish that currently reside in the tank likely have developed a resistance to it while the angel has not.

They've in my tank for months and show no symptoms of nothing though!!

I've just recently as of 3 weeks ago added 5 green Chromis and they're ok but everytime I buy Angels the developer ich!!

It's not angelfish in particular but instead it's that your tank is infested with ich. The fish that currently reside in the tank likely have developed a resistance to it while the angel has not.

What should I do to keep it alive?

He's gonna be hard to catch I see I'll end up taking my take apart.

So you didn't QT it before introducing to the tank? If you've had ich in the past and not run your tank fallow for 6-8 weeks then the ich has always been in your system, some fish are just better at holding it at bay. Best thing to do is to treat all fish in a separate tank and run your display fallow for the ich to completely die off...

yeah man, always QT your fish. it will save you so much trouble later down the road, especially when it comes to saltwater/reef aquarium.

Thanks a lot I'm qt it in my son 20 gall fowlr that has no fish in it and I'm going to buy another 20 just for QTing but thanks a lot for the advice!!!!!

I also did a freshwater dip for 2 minutes and that clear just about all the spots off its body!!

I also did a freshwater dip for 2 minutes and that clear just about all the spots off its body!!

A fresh water dip is very stressful and should be a last resort. It can save a fishes life though.

It will likely get ich again soon.

Also remember that there are cysts of the parasite on the surfaces of the aquarium that the freshwater dip didn't do anything to. Don't be fooled by what might look like a current lack of spots on the fish.

But this is only one of the life stages of Ich. There is most likely more living in the sandbed of your tank and will get back on your fish once it returns to the tank.

I qt the fish in a 20 gallon and I'm leaving it in there and I'm treating my main display now to get rid of the ick

How are you "treating" your display? Nothing other than leaving it fallow is needed.

I'm using ick away but a friend just told me to turn the heat up and leave it alone as if it was a Freshwater.

Back
Top Bottom