indo live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
i picked up 25lb of indo premium live rock today, i cant find any info on it, on the internet, does any know any thing about it?

To the best of my knowledge, "Indo-Pacific" refers to a geographical area, which, reef-wise, would refer mostly to the Phillipines (also Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia). I believe this area includes Fiji, which is in the south pacific.

My best guess is that your rock is Fiji.

No idea then. "Indo-Pacific" covers a lot of area. I'm not sure where Marshall Island, Kaelini, and some of those other rocks come from, but I assume they're all from the Indo-Pacific region.

"Indo-pacific" tends to get used as a catchall term for pretty much everything that isn't Florida aquacultured (i.e. Fiji, marshall island, kaelini, vanatau, tonga etc.), and IME retailers usually use it when either A.) they have no idea where it came from or B.) they want to sell it for more than standard Fiji :D As long as it is porous and nicely shaped you sound like you're good to go.

Back
Top Bottom