Invisible Firefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 2 firefish from the LFS last weekend and they swam all around the day I put them in and I have only seen them once since then when I moved the rocks to make sure they were not dead...

Any thoughts? All the reading I have done says they are sometimes shy but geez....

Only thing I can think of is they were recently caught in the wild and they are in shock still?

All water parameters are fine, there tank mates are CUC, 2 clowns, and a royal gramma.

They are probably just hiding. They can be shy fish and it may take them a few days to adjust. I would not move the rock around again and if you can try to stay away from the tank.

When I first got my firefish as soon as I dropped him into the tank he disappeared into the rock for 3-4 days. When he finally came out he wasn't looking too hot with his fins all messed up, but not he's recovered and is constantly swimming out front

I got a fire fish about a month ago, since the first night he sleeps in the same little cave but he is out swimming all the time when the lights are on. Although I only have two other fish in the tank (75G 2 clowns) so nobody picks on him, maybe yours is just a bit shy and will come out once it gets settled.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

My firefish stayed hidden for the first day or so then he came out. Once they get used to the tank they find a "home", usually a cave or hole in LR, and will stay near it, if they are scared or startled the dart back into their "home".

Mine found this hole after my most recent move.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110322_012741.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110322_012741.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 104
Back
Top Bottom