Is my tank maxed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lumis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Think I can add another fish. I have a 110 tall.
Black edge eel.
Puffer
Lionfish
Humu trigger
Undulated trigger
yellow tang.
Most all fish full grown or close to.

Everything gets along. I did have the black edge eat two lionfish. Lfs said they don't. But now everythings been good for months. Everything water wise is good. Is this to much.

I gotta see a pic of this tank:eek:
Your telling me you have 2 full grown(or close to ) triggers ,a full grown dogface puffer and YT in a 48"x 18" tank?...How long has this been set up..I'm just curious,not really busting your bubble or anything(although your very overstocked,more like those fish just don't belong in that tank :ermm:) ,i just would really like to see this set-up..Those are some massive fish you have,and they need a much bigger tank..

I will get some pics. Up for about 8 months. I double checked on the sizes. Lion is huge he is the biggest. Both triggers about 6 to 7 inches. Puffer about 8.

So by the sounds of it I need to upgrade tank or loose a fish or two. Not bursting my bubble I asked. I am not going to ask then get mad because I don't get the answer I want.

Upgrade is your only option in my eyes ..Or end up with one fish when either of those triggers decide to snap(probably the undy) ..
how long have they been living in this tank together?

The tank now is basically only suitable for the lion,,You could keep that and get rid of the rest.

FTMMWS said:
Upgrade is your only option in my eyes ..Or end up with one fish when either of those triggers decide to snap(probably the undy) ..
how long have they been living in this tank together?

around 6 months. I got the undy because a guy said he was two agressive. I was told he would pick on my lion. No problems with aggression at all.

FTMMWS said:
The tank now is basically only suitable for the lion,,You could keep that and get rid of the rest.

So a 110 gal tall can only hold 1 lionfish?. Is that for size reason or bio load

around 6 months. I got the undy because a guy said he was two agressive. I was told he would pick on my lion. No problems with aggression at all.

It took my humu 2 1/2 years to snap ..He's since been replaced with a blue throat ,,i also had a clown trigger that lasted a year and half before he had to go(replaced with sargassum)..Keep in mind these triggers were in my 125,i have since upgraded
6 months is not long in terms of fish keeping..That undy is going to snap sooner than later..trust me

Got ya. I thought mine was just special. Lol. I have read that the the undys are very agressive. I guess I thought mine just had no reason to be. I thought they where or where not. I did not know its only a matter of time. I know I don't have the experience that's why I ask.

Got ya. I thought mine was just special. Lol. I have read that the the undys are very agressive. I guess I thought mine just had no reason to be. I thought they where or where not. I did not know its only a matter of time. I know I don't have the experience that's why I ask.
(y),just glad your not getting defensive like some people do and try and argue about silly things like this..

Yes it is true all fish are different and some may never act like others,but Undy's are one of the nasty triggers and humus are iffy ..Some people do have good luck with them..I didn't ..Clowns triggers too..

I am not going to ask for help. then get upset at the people that take time out of there day to help. I thank you. One thing you said has be wondering. My lionfish is really all my tank should support?

I am not going to ask for help. then get upset at the people that take time out of there day to help. I thank you. One thing you said has be wondering. My lionfish is really all my tank should support?

Your tank can support a wide variety of fish(without the lion),,just of the fish you have now only the lion should really be in there..All the others need larger tanks...
By having such a large lion though,, any fish you put in the tank you have, that are suitable for your tank, will more than likely be lunch for the lion..
I hope that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom