Kalkwasser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fnscasey

Aquarium Advice Regular
For a FOWLR setup, do i need to dose kalkwasser ? Does kalkwasser helps to increase the coralline algae in my LR ?

Some recommended me to use the calcium supplements to bring the calcium and kh levels to the right levels you want. Kalkwasser is then used to maintain those levels. They are different things used for different purposes.

Any suggestion here ?

Kalkwasser can be a great balanced additive when used properly if needed. For an FOWLR tank, unless the CaCO3 demand is heavy you will probabley not need any additives. Regular weekly water changes should provide all you need as long as the saltmix being used is balanced.

Nothing should be added until you can determine what the levels are through testing with a proper kit for both alkalinity and calcium. Once done, then you can detrmine whether the water changes will keep up or if suppliments may be needed. You will need to do a few tests over a weeks period or so to map the rate of depletion for both alk and Ca.

If the numbers fall short, a two part balanced liquid additive or kalk can then be used to augment the shortfall. Imbalances are best corrected by either a good marine buffer for alk and a CaCl additive for calcium.

Cheers
Steve

Kalkwasser can be a great balanced additive when used properly if needed. For an FOWLR tank, unless the CaCO3 demand is heavy you will probabley not need any additives. Regular weekly water changes should provide all you need as long as the saltmix being used is balanced

If no additives are need to dose, what can i use to replace the evaporated water level ?

Regular water RO water.

You should not use additives as a evaproration replacment even if your doing a reef unless its nessicary to keep up proper trace element levels.

Back
Top Bottom