Killer Clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandc805

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have had my FOWLR tank for almost 2 years. The first fish I stocked it with aside from green chromis was a pair of Osc. clown fish. every month or so I would add another fish which some included (pajama cardinal, royal gramma, yellow wrasse, coral beauty, yellow head sand sifter, starfish, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, etc.) They all lasted between 1-6 months. I never knew why they were dying off or better yet disappearing. I eventually stopped buying fish and the last 2 remaining were the clown fish. Over the time I was able to tell the dominant one because it outgrew its mate. One day the larger clown was the only 1 left. I did often see this clown fish be aggressive towards all other fish especially when I would get close to the tank thinking I was going to feed it. I have always kept my levels at 0 except for my nitrates which hung around the 20-30 range for a while but never spiked. The current Nitrates are 10-20. Could the clownfish be the murderer here? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom