Kole Yellow Eye Tang won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've had my kole yellow eye in my 75 gallon for almost a week now and so far I can't get him to eat anything I feed him. I've tried giving him both nori and frozen mysis shrimp but nether seem to entice him to eat. I have gotten him to try and eat mysis but he seems to only put it in his mouth than spit it back out. He does eat off the LR and glass but I don't know how long I can sustain him on just what's in my tank.

Any help would be great, thanks!

How have you been presenting the nori? Sometimes the bristletooth tangs struggle to understand eating off of a clip. There has been some success by simply rubber banding it to a rock to entice them to eat in a style that they are familiar with. Since he is eating, I would give it a shot.

How have you been presenting the nori? Sometimes the bristletooth tangs struggle to understand eating off of a clip. There has been some success by simply rubber banding it to a rock to entice them to eat in a style that they are familiar with. Since he is eating, I would give it a shot.

I've tried clipping the nori to the glass and when that failed I stuck the clip in the sand next to a rock. The problem with that was my hermit crabs went after the nori and ate it off the clip. I don't know what else to do other than maybe sprinkling around pieces of nori to drift around the tank and let him find them and eat them?

Rubber band it to a piece of small rock. Seriously. See what it does.

Ok thank you, I'll try feeding him like that today. Yesterday I tried crushing the nori and letting it spread around the tank with the water flow so he could graze at peaces of the sea were naturally around the tank. I still haven't seen him eat, could it be the type of nori I'm offering? I'm currently offering him seaweed select green marine algae with natural garlic extract. I bought it off amazon and I also saw a red algae variety by the same brand.

Try some red as well. Just make sure that you are keeping up with your water changes. Throwing all this food into the system can foul up the water. More stress on a fish can keep them not eating.

You could try something like rods food. You'd probably have to order it online but it's worked for me getting picky eaters to start on frozen. That's how I've gotten both my potters angels to eat and my leopard wrasse

My yellow eye didn't eat for a couple days at first but then I started to add garlic flavor to the nori and he's eating like a pig now

Back
Top Bottom