Lateral Line Swelling on Powder Blue Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanMonster

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a Powder Blue Tang that has "puffiness" along one of its lateral lines. Chemistry is spot on, housed in a 180g FO tank and fed pellet, Nori, and a variety of frozen. Has anyone seen this before?

Sounds odd.I never heard of it swelling..Could you get a nice close picture of it...

Yeah but HLLE has the opposite affect and usually always starts as small pinholes and faded discoloration of the line .Usually very easy to identify it.
I'm curious to see what this looks like sean

FTMMWS said:
Yeah but HLLE has the opposite affect and usually always starts as small pinholes and faded discoloration of the line .Usually very easy to identify it.
I'm curious to see what this looks like sean

Light is off right now. I will try to get one tomorrow. Convincing it to hold still has proven to be a challenge.

Isn't HLLE disease diet related? I thought I was feeding a really diverse diet. If that is what it is, can it be reversed?

FTMMWS said:
Sounds odd.I never heard of it swelling..Could you get a nice close picture of it...

I agree HLLE is erosion, not swelling. Maybe the beginnings of Dropsy?

Flreefer said:
I agree HLLE is erosion, not swelling. Maybe the beginnings of Dropsy?

Doesn't look like dropsy. Looks like the puffiness you get along a scratch on your arm or something. I am going to try and get a picture today.

FTMMWS said:
Well thats good though...
Question is, why did it happen?

Not sure. I have a lot of dead coral in my tank for decor. Maybe it injured itself? Maybe scraped against the coral?

That definitely makes me think it was some type of injury then..
Glad he's looking better

That Pinktail has always been a canary in a coal mine. Did a water change and dosed with Crypto-Pro. Should be ok in a couple days.

Glad to here about the tang, I was thinking scratch too after what you said about the arm.
Sorry about the trigger though, hope if clears up.
Maybe tomorrow the trigger will be fine too!! :)

Flreefer said:
Glad to here about the tang, I was thinking scratch too after what you said about the arm.
Sorry about the trigger though, hope if clears up.
Maybe tomorrow the trigger will be fine too!! :)

Came home today and the Trigger's eyes are clear and down to just a few spots of ich. Keeping fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom