Leaking Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeter22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm needing some advice. My 55 gallon tank is leaking from the front right bottom corner behind the trim. The tank is leaking about 1 1/2 cups. This just started yesterday. The tank is almost 5 years old and at this time I only have a Lemon Peel Angel and a Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse.
Has anyone had luck with putting a new sealant in the corner? Or is it best to purchase a new tank (obviously I would get a lager tank lol)?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You'd have to drain it and scrape out old silicone and reseal with new silicone. . It will be a massive under taking.. if you're already wanting a new tank and have the dough I'd say get a new one.. you have to tell home your fish for at least a week while old tank cured and leak tests anyways..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just make your life easier and get another tank..

I know you feel as if it you can sort it but the cost of whatever you're gonna be trying to do will still be high.

My 30G started leaking about a month ago and after 2 drainages and 2 tubes of silicone we just took it to the dump.

I now have a 63G which is just about done cycling..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401283529.609851.jpg

Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like I'll purchase a new lager tank.
CCXGT, Great looking tank!

Thanks for everyone's input. Looks like I'll purchase a new lager tank.
CCXGT, Great looking tank!

Thanks ?
It'll look better when it's full of Cichlids...

Petco carries the 1$
Per gallon on occasion. You may check their sales. 55g tank would be 55$. Not bad. But... It's a good excuse to go bigger!!

Petco carries the 1$
Per gallon on occasion. You may check their sales. 55g tank would be 55$. Not bad. But... It's a good excuse to go bigger!!

$1 per gallon?!?!

Why is everything so cheap in the States!!

That is just plain unfair.. ?

Petco carries the 1$

Sadly their glass tanks lack any type of "professional" finish and look pretty crappy, IMHO.
The ones that I see at the local Petco have HUGE uneven swaths of silicone in the seams, glass doesn't always "line-up" and they generally look pretty cheap.
I would get one for a utility tank, but never for a display tank.

Since they changed brand tanks there not as dependable on being leak proof
they used to carry Aqueon tanks now they sell Tetra thinner glass made cheaper

Back
Top Bottom