Lets see your 40 Gallon breeder tanks!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowTang03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 40 gallon breeder currently...just liverock and fish..no coral or anything. What fish do you all have in the tank? I currently have a cascade 1500 filter, aqua c protein skimmer with a maxi jet 1200 pump, cree led aquarium light with adjustable ballast and fish are 2 false percula clowns, 1 red stripe high fin goby, 1 6 line wrasse, 1 yellow tang( I know he will be to big for tank..I can trade him in), 1 eiblis angel, and lot of crabs and snails, 3 peppermint shrimp. If I trade the tang can I get anything else in there? I love the 40 gallon just doesnt seem like you can get the neat looking fish without having to spend huge money on a monster tank. Thanks guys!!

Do you have a picture of yours? I will be building a 40b shortly.

I have a 40 gallon breeder currently...just liverock and fish..no coral or anything. What fish do you all have in the tank? I currently have a cascade 1500 filter, aqua c protein skimmer with a maxi jet 1200 pump, cree led aquarium light with adjustable ballast and fish are 2 false percula clowns, 1 red stripe high fin goby, 1 6 line wrasse, 1 yellow tang( I know he will be to big for tank..I can trade him in), 1 eiblis angel, and lot of crabs and snails, 3 peppermint shrimp. If I trade the tang can I get anything else in there? I love the 40 gallon just doesnt seem like you can get the neat looking fish without having to spend huge money on a monster tank. Thanks guys!!

there are many choices for a 40b
as for the tang he will need re homing since they require big tanks

I have nothing in my 40b yet but feel free to follow the build it's linked in my signature below I will be adding to it shortly (Round 2sps)

my 37 g bowfront is featured on the home page if your looking for ideas for stock (y)
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/february-2013-totm-54seaweeds-37-gallon-bow-front-mixed-reef/

and welcome to AA

there are many choices for a 40b
as for the tang he will need re homing since they require big tanks

I have nothing in my 40b yet but feel free to follow the build it's linked in my signature below I will be adding to it shortly (Round 2sps)

my 37 g bowfront is featured on the home page if your looking for ideas for stock (y)
February 2013 Tank of the Month: 54seaweed's 37 Gallon Mixed Reef

and welcome to AA
37 gallon looks great!!! That does help me with stocking ideas. I am trading in the yellow tang friday. I will eventually get a nice big tank just take my time on it. I like my 40 breeder alot anyways.

I keep a red painted angler in my 40b reef. I think it is a great footprint for a smaller tank .

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130228_123134.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130228_123134.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom