Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just upgraded my lighting. I had a 36" 110w PC light strip on my 48", 55gal FOWLR tank. I bought a 48" T8, 3 32W Bulb striplight and added it to the PC i have. I took the PC apart and mounted the frame to the top of my canope, and placed the T8 under the caope with it (right in front of it). I also added a CustomSealife Moon-Light bulb for a cool effect when i turn off the lights at night. I did some research on CustomSealife's website and they say that their moon-light is supposed to make fish and corals want to propogate more often.

OK,enough of the intro, here is the question: Does anyone in the hobby have any practical experience with this light. Does it really work as they say. My tank is new and I onlly have a small cluster of Mushroom Polyp Anemones, and a small cluster of Green Button Polyps, will they propogate faster with this light, or should i not get my hopes up and just keep enjoying the way the light shines off my fish at night? :D

I onlly have a small cluster of Mushroom Polyp Anemones, and a small cluster of Green Button Polyps, will they propogate faster with this light,

IMO, yes the increased light will be benificial to the specimens that you have right now.

Back
Top Bottom