Lionfish shipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
Over the years I have had 2 dwarf lionfish. The first one was a Fuzzy Dwarf and the second was a Mombassa Lion. I recently lost my Mombassa a couple months ago due to tainted food (my wartskin angler as well :sad:).

I want to get a Dwarf Zebra now. My preferred LFS doesn't want to get me one because they say that dwarf lions don't ship well and usually die. This makes me nervous because I can find one on a couple different online sites (including live aquaria). Blue Zoo also doesn't offer the live arrival guarantee which add to the thought that they don't ship well.

That being said, I have had 2 which lived for a long time and both of those were bought at a LFS so they had to be shipped there.

Is there anything to this? I understand the stress that a fish goes through during the shipping process and any fish could die during it. Are lions more likely to die from this?

So I guess I'm the only one that's ever had a lionfish shipped.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Over the years I have had 2 dwarf lionfish. The first one was a Fuzzy Dwarf and the second was a Mombassa Lion. I recently lost my Mombassa a couple months ago due to tainted food (my wartskin angler as well :sad:).

I want to get a Dwarf Zebra now. My preferred LFS doesn't want to get me one because they say that dwarf lions don't ship well and usually die. This makes me nervous because I can find one on a couple different online sites (including live aquaria). Blue Zoo also doesn't offer the live arrival guarantee which add to the thought that they don't ship well.

That being said, I have had 2 which lived for a long time and both of those were bought at a LFS so they had to be shipped there.

Is there anything to this? I understand the stress that a fish goes through during the shipping process and any fish could die during it. Are lions more likely to die from this?

What you don't know is how many dead lions the store or wholesaler had to go through to get that live one that you bought. Some don't ship well because of where they are coming from. Others because of how they were caught. Not all of them die but some do. If you must have one, I'd suggest getting them from a store where they take the chances versus the internet where you take the loss if it happens. :whistle:;)

Back
Top Bottom