Live rock and lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ercfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so my 45 gallon has been cycling for about a week, I got around 80lbs of LR and a 4+ inch DSB. Current lighting is just a regular 18k 20w bulb. How long before I should upgrade to better lighting? Will be getting a 192 watt PC eventually. Will current light even support any growth? TIA

A single NO florecent tube is not going to do much for growth of anything other than maybe fish growth.

It would be a good idea to start saving for those lights now.

Ok thanks, will work some overtime to get the lights sooner :D Am also concerned that I have seen nothing on the rock, no pods,worms,etc... Is this normal?

While you can get good coraline growth with NO lights, that 20w, as fishfreek said, isn't going to do much for you. The PC system sounds great though...you'll love it.
It's normal not to see much on the rock at this point...most of my tanks were up for over a month before I started seeing anything at all. The pods will probably appear overnight...you'll get up one morning and the glass will be covered with them.

Back
Top Bottom