Live rock came in today!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScurdOfCychlidz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I see so many posts about ppl getting their live rock and finally my day has arrived! :-D heh ...

I had some complications though, wrong apt addy on the box so the UPS guy didn't leave it at the office, just resked the delivery for monday sept 13th (that wud have been about 6 days in transit) so UPSET I called ups and they were actually REALLY good to deal with...Within a half hour I got a call from the superviser at the processing plant saying the driver will redeliver in about 1 hour. 15 minutes later same lady calls me back and says driver just dropped the box off at the office! (SCORE!) heh..

all in all, it looks good...did not find any shrimp or worms right off the bat but we will see...gotta say walt smith rock looks great!

(sry for flood of pics..heh)
color.jpg

color2.jpg

color3.jpg

color4.jpg

color5.jpg

nocluewhatthisis.jpg

fullrock.jpg

sidepic.jpg

Very cool, looks great....congrat!! its an exciting time for a hobbiest!! :D

wow that looks just like the rock the lfs just got 350 lbs of. i just got 15 lbs for the black clown tank.

hey guys thanks!

I just got back from the Petsmart ... and found an okay deal on a Penguin 1140 Power head and some blue background...It seems like this pwr head pushes a TON of water just on the lowest setting...It does 300 GPH, is that suffecient for a 46gal tank?

Also here are 2 new pics...new "aquascape" and the power head goin :)!

withpowerhead.jpg

blueback.jpg

I prefer to have at least 2 smaller PH's than 1 larger one. This way you can point them towards one another and make some random water movement.

good point...i sorta didn't think of that one..lol

The power head definetly adds noise to the tank...sorta wish it was a silent one but my father in law has a penguin and its never been a prob for him, so I decieded to go this route....I ckd my ammonia and ph and nitrates last night and they were all just a tad above what it should be...I would love to throw about 4 green chromises in there!!

Back
Top Bottom