Live rock on the internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyprettyoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was looking at various fish web-sites the other day and I came across a web site that sells live rock. I was wondering if this was a reliable source to get live rock . The site had pictures of the live rock and it was beautiful please take a look and let me know if getting live rock on the web is a good idea THANKS :D http://www.aquacon.com this is the web site

I got mine from live rocks also, got the gulf rock. Great looking stuff with plenty of stuff living on it. :D

i've got 80# of keys. Once i get rid of the isopods i'll love it a lot more. I think there's still a few stragglers....

I got 40 lbs of gulf rock. I originally wanted keys rock but had to wait until late march. This is going strictly from the pictures. I didn't want to wait so I got the gulf rock and I'm here to tell you the pictures don't do it justice.

true but the keys will be much much better for sure !! the gulf rock is to far north if ya ask me

heyprettyoo,

When I was first buying LR a year ago, that site was not getting good reviews. I got my first rock from FlyingFishExpress now part of Dr. Foster and Smith (http://www.liveaquaria.com). Great rock for transhipped LR.

I also got some from another site that escapes me at the moment. I'll try to dig it up and post later. It was aquacultured and also quite good.

I recently got another shipment of LR from liverocks.com. (a forum sponsor). Very nice porous rock, lot's of unwanted hitchhikers. I expect this rock to be some of the best in my tank in time.

true but the keys will be much much better for sure !! the gulf rock is to far north if ya ask me

The gulf rock is much more hardier since the condtions can rang from 65 degrees to 85. There is more life on the gulf as well. The keys has some nice rock, VERY NICE, but not as much life.

Back
Top Bottom