live rock pleas help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
HEY how are you i have like 30 lbs of LR in my 90 gal tank right now with 40 lbs of live sand and like 90 of araganite and 15 of black sand to contrast ;) im planning on buying more live rock on the web where do you recommend gittin it and what kind of fiji or bryzone??? or sometihng like that and how much live rock im planning on doing fish tank lol and some inverts only the ones that i can get away with, with the reg lighting i have from the 3 bulb floresecnt lighing

thankss

Lots of live rock questions today :)

One place you could check would be www.liverocks.com they are one of our sponsors and if your really interested you can post in their sponsor forum. They offer FL aquaculture rock.

For Fiji rock you could look at www.liveaquaria.com or just about any other decent size online retailer. 99% of the fiji rock comes from the same source (Walt Smith International).

Well for inverts that you can get away with on a 90 gal tank with 3 regular florecent bulbs I would have to say hermits and shrimp. I really don tknow many corals that you couldkeep under such low light conditions. I dont even think mushrooms would fair very well.

How much rock to get? Well if you intend on using the rock as a filter then loook for at least 1lb per gal of rock and if you can afford it closer to 1.5lbs per gal of tank capacity.

So in your case that would be 60-105lbs of live rock.

WEll like i said 99% of all fiji rock comes from the same source reguarless of where you buy it. So you can count on the rock from petsolutions is basicly the same fiji rock from liveaquariua and the same from marinedepot, etc.

Petsoutions price is $79.99 for 45lbs but then add $69 for two day shipping and even more for next day shipping.

I have not delt with petsolutions personally but in reality your not getting your rock from them as its shipped directly from fiji to LA and then once it hits the docs at LA it goes to your location.

I THINK IM JUST GONNA GET IT FROM LIVEROCKS.COM WHAT DO U THINK ITS

KEYS ROCK? GUY IS REALLY NICE

Cool. If you do and this goes for anyone else. Please mention that you saw or heard about them from this site.

Sponsors like to hear that their ad dollars are getting them customers as well as exposure. Sponsors go a long way in helping keep the site's expenses under control.

i ordered 36 lbs of the cariban rock from live aquaria and im ordering another 40 from live rocks.com

Back
Top Bottom