LIve Rock shipping & cost suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dustybrannum

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sherman, texas-college in arlington,tx near Dall
ok here is the scoop:
I can get live rock shipped to my local airport through www.themarinecenter.com at 2.99 a lb for premium fiji lr or 3.99 for xl fiji lr. The shipping is dependent on the carrier approx. $40-60 for the first 100 lbs. not sure how much a lb. after that yet b/c i cannot get intouch with them over the phone.

I can get lr shipped to my local airport through www.exoticfish.com for 2.75 for ultra premium and 2.25 for premium fiji. but they ship it to los angelos from the islands then take it out of its boxes then find another carrier to bring it to texas, ??too much time wasted??. there shipping cost is 65 for the first 100 lbs then .65 per lb after that.

im gonna order either 3 45lb boxes or 4 45lb boxes. i am going to get 120lbs of base rock from www.hirocks.com. this is going into a 180 gal tank.

I think you will find rock from fiji can take days to get from the ocean to your doorstep reguardless.

Personally I would not pay the extra for ultra premium simply because your going to have dieoff from the shipping process. Its quite possible that what makes the rock 'ultra' is what is most sensitive to the shipping process.

Their site does not tell the difference other than a few static photos. Have you asked them what the difference is between the two types?

For themarinecenter what about this page http://www.themarinecenter.com/dfwrates.htm it talks about delivery in and around DFW for $20 or less per 50lbs.

The exact same scenario #2 happened for themarinecenter ;) your actually getting it on it's third flight rather than it's second. FWIW, I would probably go with the stuff from exotic fish, either case your gonna have die off.

and that is a heck of alot of rock you are getting...some fishy is gonna be really happy!

Back
Top Bottom