Livestock suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boscoj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!
I'm new to the hobby, and I just recently got a 40 gallon (36 in long) saltwater tank. So far I have three turbo snails, 1 royal gramma, 2 hermit crabs, and 2 clown fish. I'm trying to think of what I might want next and am open to suggestions

did you cycle the tank yet
how old is the tank
always stock slowly not to overload causing another mini cycle

I've had the tank for over a month. It was cycled before I bought any fish....not why I posted this thread...

And I don't intend to add any other fish for a week or two

Yellow watchmen gobies are cool. Starry or lawn mower blenny would be good as well. Um a hawkfish(they're kinda jerks though...), sixline

isn't why I asked I asked to get to know your tank
two week intervals is still rushing the tank needs to build a good bio load or your just looking for trouble it's still young

How long would you suggest is an appropriate time to wait?

your load now is a lot believe it or not for a month old tank
every three weeks maybe add a fish just don't rush everything at once
just like I asked is your tank cycled 4 weeks really is to fast so you'll probably run into a mini cycle how often do yo do your tests your numbers can tell us a lot

I waited two weeks before I put anything in it (to be exact the tank is about 6 weeks old). The rock was cured when I bought it, and I was using substrate from a previously used tank. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20, ph 8.4

Back
Top Bottom