long term food solution for a lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really, adult brine shrimp has almost no nutrient value. Try to get it to eat frozen smelt. If you must use bring shrimp try to gut load it with vitamins..I am assuming you are talking about live shrimp.

Feeding brine would be like us eating with tweezers. Way too small. Krill or silversides or something similar.

The beast is not being fooled by the carrot and the stick trick:-(

It's a lionfish...it will come around sooner or later. As far as feeding goes krill and silversides are good and so is raw seafood every once in a while (tiny bits) of squid (MAKE SURE TO CHECK FOR THE BEAK IF IT IS WHOLE SQUID), clam, mussle, shrimp, octopus.

Unless the lionfish is under 4" I wouldn't bother feeding krill or mysis unless that is all it will consume at this point in time. Feed shrimp, squid (whole squid heads, no need to de-beak), marine fish, silversides (preferable over smelt), crab, and if you feel your lion is king of the aquatic jungle you can feed lobster meat too; Feed 2-3 times per week. Each session feed until you see a slight bump in the belly, but individuals may or may not like certain items so don't try to force it down their throats. Make sure to vary the items weekly. You can gutload shrimp with vitamins for extra nutrition. I prefer rigid airline tubing for a feeding stick.

Back
Top Bottom