Longtime freshie going salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Yeah this is the most patient I have ever been when setting up a tank. In my freshies I have always gone fish in cycle but with this being my first saltwater figured I would try fish less so much waiting but worth it I believe. Gave me time to do more research and build everything correctly. Going to look at little guys today! Can't wait to have something to look at besides rock!

Looking Good!! Got any friends yet? If you want to add more rock to the Sump I say go for it, but you got so much on top that you can wait for a while if money is a problem.

Have fun with your tank. I love mine, but hate doing water changes. I do it anyway, so it stays clean!! :p

Looking Good!! Got any friends yet? If you want to add more rock to the Sump I say go for it, but you got so much on top that you can wait for a while if money is a problem.

Have fun with your tank. I love mine, but hate doing water changes. I do it anyway, so it stays clean!! :p

Thanks. Yeah the boss lady aka girlfriend had to have her "Sharkbait" in there so got a pair of clowns. Yeah I added the 10lb of rock to the sump so I have about 60lbs total between dt and sump also added some algae to the sump can't remember what kind it is now but I'll take some pics in a bit. Also added a few corals in the main tank

image-4193485787.jpg

image-1588890930.jpg

Thanks they are starting to spread really good. I can't wait till they cover that whole rock. I have about 7 different variations in all up there I think.

I am running two cannister filters at 700 g/h each! I also have a two tank sump and refugium on a 55g. Was having problems with filtering with just my sump and refugium, water stayed cloudy. Weekly cleaning of filters help a lot . 0 nitrite, ammonia, and nitrites. 60# live sand in tank and 30# live rock in DT and 20# in refugium with some chaetomorpha in there. I have a copper problem that is from a brass fitting in the tank so no inverts allowed which is cool, for now. Most likely adding fish this weekend.
2 percular clowns
10 green chromis
Domino damsel

image-443529000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom