Looking for a new addition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikestanked

Aquarium Advice Freak
My maroon clown died today, and I'm looking for something to replace him with. I only have a azure damsel and a lawnmower blenny in a 30gallon. Along with a trio of peppermints and a cleaner shrimp.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121122_231645.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121122_231645.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 90
Was the clown sick? Do you know why he died? did you have him long? How are the water parameters?
You could get a b/w oscellaris clown.
Yellow headed jawfish are cool.
Bangaii cardinals- but would need to get at least 2.
Chalk bass are nice and add some blue.
orange striped cardinals are pretty
Firefish
A goby of some kind

That's all I can think of tight this second :)

I don't think he was sick, he was eating fine yesterday, but this morning we had an earthquake that I think literally scared him to death!
My blennie is acting really strange too, it has turned dark and is hiding in the rocks more than usual.

I would wait a few days, make sure nothing is happening with the tank and everyone else is okay. Then get another fish if its all good. :)

I would check the parameters if you have not already. If you have one dead fish, and one acting funny it would be a good idea.

Check your parameters just to be sure and if its ok, i say also a yellowhead jawfish they are really funny to watch and they have a great personality they are funny to watch dig their burrow and they close it at night ! They just need minimum 3-4 inch of substrate but the more the better it is until 10inch. Not agressive they just try to scare fish that come too close to the burrow

Back
Top Bottom