Looking for a small peaceful fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 30 gallon I have 2 1" inch blue/green chromis and 1 1 and 1/4" Clownfish. I want to get a fourth thats small and that will fit the bio load and also colorful. So far I am eyeing the Royal Gramma. Any have any ideas?

I love my roal gramma, that would be a good option. A purple firefish would also work.

A purple pseudochromis would be OK.

Attachments

• 100_1061_366.jpg
    100_1061_366.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 48
Actually six line wrasses can be quite aggressive. A lot of people consider them pound for pound the most aggressive wrasse you can get.

Also my royal gramma terrorizes my damsel... she may be a freak but she's definitely a bully!

I would suggest a jawfish if you aren't at risk of him being crushed if he burrows under live rock, a goby of some type, a firefish, or there are even some cardinals (cardinal #1, cardinal #2) that can go into smaller tanks, according to LiveAquaria.

Little goby would fit in nicely.
Neon Blue
Clown

Several diff ones that dont get much more then 2" and still add color to the tank.

A mated pair of neon gobies would be nice, but I'm also liking the clown goby choice since it'll give you color and habitat(ing) variety. The clowns and chromis will hang out in the tank - the clowns in one area, the chromis all over, and the clown goby will perch on rocks and the front glass IME. He'll swim too, but will be seen mostly perching somewhere.

Not a jumper like the firefish. Not a potential meanie like the pseudochromis (which also isn't as hardy IME) or wrasse.

Six lines can be feisty but as long as it was the last fish added should pose no problems. Mine was fine with a gramma and a pygmy angel.

Given the colors of the fish that you have, the gramma would be nice, or the clown goby. But any of the fish mentioned would be fine, see what your LFS has that looks good!

Nice looking fish, but not one of my favorites since it just sits there and stares. Doesn't move around much at all ya know.

My vote is the clown goby. Sits in one spot a lot too, but perches on the rock, coral, or glass. Great personality too IMO.

Well If I got the Clown Goby where would it perch. All my rock are covered with corals and you can barely see the rocks. I have alot of xzenia, polyps, and kenya, and other corals and a big clam. Will it swim to the surface when I feed my other fish?. And could I get 2 that were from the same tank.

It'll perch on the coral w/no problem. Also on the front glass, powerheads, rocks, whatever. And yes he will swim to the top for food like the others.

2 might fight if not mated. Consider a bi-color blenny for the 2nd fish maybe. Again, great personality. The bi-color will find a rock to stick his body into and let his head peer out. Really neat fish. And both of these choices are small - maybe 2" max for the blenny. Maybe 1.5" for the goby.

BTW, how are your nitrates? That'll tell you IMO if you should add 1, 2, or no fish.

Attachments

• 36g_and_new_tank_setup_001_632.jpg
    36g_and_new_tank_setup_001_632.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 34
Here are my Tests from my tank. Ill probably pick up the yellow clown goby tomorrow.

Nitrate - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Ammonia - 0.15
pH - 8.2
Salt - 1.022

There should be absolutely no ammonia in the tank. There's a problem if so. Check that reading again, or even have the lfs confirm yours.

Well just did another reading on ammonia and its at 0. I'm using the saltwater Master kit and I must have looked at the wrong color on the color chart befor.

Back
Top Bottom