Lunare Wrasse -vs- Emerald Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyHooligan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I brought my Wrasse home today and he'll be serving his time in the QT.
I determined he may go after some of the snails which hitchhiked in on my LR, which I guess I'm ok with - I completely forgot about my Emerald crab. He's a smaller Wrasse at the moment and the crab is somewhere between dime and nickel size.
What are the chances of an attack on the crab?

In my opinion chances are almost 100% I had a predator tank with eels, puffers, triggers, and the lunare wrasse was the most aggresive thing I had in there. Could have just been this fish, but as much as I loved the look and mid level swim, she was a DEMON.

I agree. Lunares are very aggressive fish. I think he'll take out the crab eventually.

How bout that ! The crab finally wins one. I don't think I've have ever.. and I mean ever.. heard of someone coming down on the crabs side of the eviction.

How bout that ! The crab finally wins one. I don't think I've have ever.. and I mean ever.. heard of someone coming down on the crabs side of the eviction.

That's very true but I think I'd be the same way. I love watching my emerald crab. Very funny and lots of personality. :p

I miss my Lunare Wrasse, he lived a terrible life sadly. He did not get along with my Sunset Wrasse at all. He didn't seem all that aggressive to me, they're great fish.
As people say though fish do vary in personalities I suppose.

Steve

I miss my Lunare Wrasse, he lived a terrible life sadly. He did not get along with my Sunset Wrasse at all. He didn't seem all that aggressive to me, they're great fish.
As people say though fish do vary in personalities I suppose.

Steve

I'm not surprised. I wouldn't expect 2 thalassoma wrasses to get along in any but the largest of tanks. I suspect you'd have seen some major aggression from the lunare by the time he got some size on him. The sunset may be the same way, I don't know, I'm less familiar with them. Did you get your new angel yet?

That crab was the 1st thing to show up in the tank as a hitchhiker, soooo....fair is fair.
Besides I need to get some sails for a CUC shortly so a wrasse isn't a good fit anyways.

That crab was the 1st thing to show up in the tank as a hitchhiker, soooo....fair is fair.
Besides I need to get some sails for a CUC shortly so a wrasse isn't a good fit anyways.

There are plenty of wrasses that won't bother inverts. Fairy/flasher wrasses would be a good choice if the tankmates aren't too aggressive.

I'm not surprised. I wouldn't expect 2 thalassoma wrasses to get along in any but the largest of tanks. I suspect you'd have seen some major aggression from the lunare by the time he got some size on him. The sunset may be the same way, I don't know, I'm less familiar with them. Did you get your new angel yet?

Yep I got my Emp Angel, he's spending his time in my refugium to get bigger before he goes in the main tank with the Wrasse. Yeah I don't know why my LFS told me the Lunare would do good with the Sunset. It was NOTHING but trouble! They'd take turns harrassing each other and then one day the Sunset just got fed up and the Lunare lived in the corner getting chewed up for about a good month before he passed on. The LFS would not take back the Lunare claiming I waited to long to bring him back.

So yeah the Sunsets are just as mean rofl. I guess the LFS thought 100 gallons was big enough to have two Wrasse. :(

Steve

Back
Top Bottom