Magnet cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would there be any reason I couldn't use the magnet scraper I use on my SW tank on my FW tanks?

Like the magnafloat? If that's what you mean... You can use them on anything. They do sell ones for glass and acrylic.

I am talking about a magnafloat type cleaner, my question was more about weather or not using the same magnafloat on my SW tank and my FW tank would harm either tank in any way. If there would be any kind of cross contamination or anything.

I am talking about a magnafloat type cleaner, my question was more about weather or not using the same magnafloat on my SW tank and my FW tank would harm either tank in any way. If there would be any kind of cross contamination or anything.

I would just get 2 if you can. Your saltwater one would eventually get coraline algae and maybe other things growing on it. Probably wouldn't "harm" anything but I'd air on the side of caution. There cheap enough. Also I don't keep mine in my saltwater tank, I just put it in when I need to. I'm OCD and it drives me crazy seeing the tank k peeking out of the side.

You should not have any problem. Just make sure they are both glass or both acrylic.

All of my tanks are glass and the cleaner stays in a drawer of the SW tank. If there is no problem with cross over then I will use it for both. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom