Maintnence Schedule Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fmjets11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for some help setting up a schedule for my new saltwater tank.

All I have in it right now is a Fluval 406, Aquaclear 70, 2 Hydor 750 powerheads, Reef Octopus Protein Skimmer HOB.

I am just trying to get a good schedule made of when I need to do water changes, how much I should do each time i.e. 25%, 50% etc.

Also how often should I replace the carbon, clearmax, biomax, clean the foam pads, replace the pads, clean the protein skimmer, etc. Not sure if I am missing any other routine maintnence as well.

All help is appreciated!

People do water changes from every week to once a month. I'm not sure about the media in the canister filter. But the protein skimmer you should be able to see when it's ready. Probably every couple days. I started a thread about maint. That might help you

I bumped it up for you to read through. People have some good info

That thread is helpful. I wish I could find some more info on the canisters and how often to clean them, change all of the media etc.

I don't have a canister so can't help very much on thAt but try asking on that thread I'm sure someone will answer if they don on here

I clean my Canister once a week, when I do water changes. I just use dirty tank water to clean everything with. Get the big chunks out is all I really do..

I clean mine once a week as well, rinse with old tank water at a PWC. That one is a 65 gallon tank and I usually change about 12 gallons a week. I replace filter pads as needed but only one at a time. I do rinse them every time.

When you guys are saying water changes are you talking about taking 12 gallons out or are you just talking about how much you are refilling the tank with?

Changing the water. Taking a certain amount out and replacing it with fresh clean water. Salty of coarse

Back
Top Bottom