Mairine glo 20w

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hagerman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I gotta marine glo 20w t8 for my tank today glos blue
lfs says this will be good for anenome and live rock and my fish comments...

35gallon
Percula clown
tomato clown
blue yellowtail damsel and a white and black striped damsel
suggestions for tank mates

dont think T8 20w will be enought light TBH for anenome.

Be fine for a FOWLR

That won't even be close to enough light for an anemone, or any photosynthetic corals either.

Your LFS lied to you unfortunately. Nowhere near enough for an anenome. Incidently I dont like going by watts but you`ll need roughly around 150 watts of lighting. Going by watts is so broad and general but I just wanted you to see how far you are off.

Last edited:
Hmmm i thought he might be
SO what would you guys suggest that would be cheap light setup for my 35 gallon so that i could keep one alive and well in my tank ?????

The 20 w Bulbs are the strongest ones i can get for my hood it only takes a 24" bulb so im not sure what to do.......

As I mentioned in one of your other threads you`ll need a t5KO system but it wont be cheap. You`ll need a whole new lighting system.

Yes, definitely. A HO T5 light strip would be a good choice, and is what we are using for our 50 gallon. Unfortunately, the light we have retails for about $315 new... but we were able to get it used from a member of our local reef club for much cheaper. If you can't buy a new fixture right now, I'd suggest running your tank as a FOWLR for now, and looking for good deals on used lights in your area. If there is a reef club in your area that would be a good place to start.

ok T5ko thanks my marine glo 20w should be fine for a FOWLR for now though?

Actually I think that's supposed to read T5HO (T5 high output, normal output T5's won't cut it either). Whatever light you have is fine for a FOWLR.

Back
Top Bottom