Mandarin getting eaten? Or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O and x heres my list.
150g with 130# of LR, sump, refugium, and a 220 skimmer. Honeycomb grouper, yellow tang, niger triggerfish, green bird wrasse, and an orbiculate batfish (in QT). Colt coral, purple tree gorgonian, bubble coral, hammer coral, and torch coral. Also, a bubble tip anemone.

i see it now, sorry. i'm willing to bet you have enough pods. many mistake amphipods for copepods. copepods are very hard to see.

I used to see amphipods in my fuge(look like little rolly poly like bugs running around right?) and these other REALLY WEIRD things. They were white and moved by opening their giant mouth and kinda sucking themselves along. Do you know what they could be? I bought new rock after the hypo but it was uncured. You think it had pods on it?

hmm..hyposalinity in the entire tank? now i'm leaning towards a lack of pods.
how much rock did you buy?
i think those are clear flatworms you are mentioning that were white and kinda "sucked themselves along".

Oh ok so its good theyre dead lol. I did hypo in the tank and kept one rock alive in a QT along with my inverts. I could catch the fish and it would be less stressful and they would kill eachother so thats what I did. I bought 21lbs uncured rock last weekend.

Ya I would add clowns. It will be a 20 so thats all Im putting in it. Probably at least MAYBE one other fish. I know mandarins hide alot and my mom LOVES clowns and my LFS gets them in at 0.5 inches. She loves them and I like them so Ill get them. Ill definitely wait for the mandarin then! I didnt know they ate that much lol. THANKS!!!!! Ill post pics when Im done!

a 20? what happened to the 150 gallon tank? you can't keep a mandarin in a 20 unless you are absolutely sure he'll eat prepared foods.

mr_X said:
a 20? what happened to the 150 gallon tank? you can't keep a mandarin in a 20 unless you are absolutely sure he'll eat prepared foods.

The 150 is a aggressive tank with a grouper, triggers, and soon to be eels. He's planning on connecting the 20 to the sump of the 150. Its going to end badly for the mandarin even if it eats prepared foods.

Ive heard stories about them living in 10s so I should be able to make a 20 attached to a fuge and 150 work. Ill take proper precautions.

Haha lol x. Ik wat u mean tho. And yes it says 30g min because of the pods. Theyre fine in smaller tanks as long as pod population is good. I would get 45lbs of LR in the 20 +150lbs in the 150.

crister13 said:
Haha lol x. Ik wat u mean tho. And yes it says 30g min because of the pods. Theyre fine in smaller tanks as long as pod population is good. I would get 45lbs of LR in the 20 +150lbs in the 150.

Awesome. That fish is SICK!!! I want pics

Ill give them to you in 3-6 months unless the population TAKES OFF. They eat a ton. THX for the help.

Back
Top Bottom