Missing sailfin tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

audifusion

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't seem to find my sailfin tang.

Other fish in tank:

-clown trigger (2inch)
-cream angel small
-blue tang small

A missing tang for 2 days is a sign that he isn't alive anymore. There weren't any signs of stress from him prior? The other fish? Any parameter spikes?

No signs of stress at all.

Parameters are fine.

Literally no sign of him anywhere. It's a peninsula tank so there's 3 viewable sides, so he should be easy to find.

No carcass

No spine

Nothing

Is that odd?

I had fish jump out of tank before, maybe the tang jumped out?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Clown triggers are one of the most aggressive triggers, surpassed only by the undulate. Not saying he's the reason, but just a FYI.

No signs of stress at all.

Parameters are fine.

Literally no sign of him anywhere. It's a peninsula tank so there's 3 viewable sides, so he should be easy to find.

No carcass

No spine

Nothing

Is that odd?

I've had gobies jump out but I'd find them encrusted to the floor, no sign this guy anywhere

Clown triggers are one of the most aggressive triggers, surpassed only by the undulate. Not saying he's the reason, but just a FYI.

I know they can be aggressive but haven't seen him act aggressively towards other inhabitants.

The sailfin tang was at least 3x his size aswell.

Thought I might have a mantis shrimp a while ago(clicking sound coming from tank), but set traps for many nights and never caught anything.

Got any friends that have been eyeing him lately? ?
That's really strange how big was it?

Back
Top Bottom