moon lights/ night light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
i seen some around my local lfs, they make the tank look really neat at night, and it's suppose to be good for the fish. Think this is true ?? Will it bother some of the animals ?? Anyone has one ?

Thanks
Leo

PS. Sorry for all the questions!! Lol

Attachments

• 2b_1_764.jpg
    2b_1_764.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 175
They came in both of my lighting set up. I like them a lot. As for hurting other animals, those simply replicate natural moonlight.

roka64 said:
They came in both of my lighting set up. I like them a lot. As for hurting other animals, those simply replicate natural moonlight.

really? what kind of setup and how much does that cost? right now i just have a blue marine glo light and was thinking about upgrading.

So you can put these in and the fish will think it's still dark?
I would love to get one to be able to see my BGK more.

Does anyone have a pic of white moonlights on a tank?

I would like to add just a couple to my 55, but I find the blue really BLUE. :eek:

Supposedly it helps the coral think that its nite and helps them to develope a cycle that is suppose to spawn as in natural reef scene. The only moonlights my tank gets is my computer screensaver all night.

Do you have to have them at a certain spectrum.. I thought it was 420n?

roka64 said:

Are they really blue, like the picture ??? I like them ALOT, but don't want to stress my fish by keeping them awake....

Well i might get it and just run it for a couple of hours at night, then around 1am have them set to go off...

lfs was really pushing them, but i figured he was trying to make a sale, because they were $40, when ebay has them for $20.

Back
Top Bottom