Moorish Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where does is say a 300 is needed?? It doesn't get that big. A 6ft tank should provide more than enough space for 1 of them...
One of the forum members ...

Attachments

• image-1947517655.jpg
    image-1947517655.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 129
I have a lot of water flow in the tank fir the tusk and he seems to enjoy riding the turbulence so to speak with the tusk. Maybe hed ve ok but i dont want to risk it. Hoping to sell him this week.

GOOD NEWS... Just put in some Mega Marine Angel and the Moorish was eating it.

That's good to hear, mine likes pellets as well and will fight for his fare share amongst his tank mates!
Any luck with a prospective buyer?

I was planning on getting one for my 125 tank but Ive read their captivity survival rate is extremely low. I dont think they were meant for a tank :-(

One of my lfs owners has three at home. Beautiful fish, they love a variety of foods, live, and grazing. He rotates rock once a month from a tub hooked up to his reef. They love to just cruise and are beautiful. He has them in a 180 and they cover it quickly. He's considering putting them into a 240 as they swim so much and just go back and forth. After seeing how much these guys cruise and how fast they are, I get where a 300 would come in the picture.

Very difficult to keep for their life span. Anyone who is prepared to do what it takes to care for one has a good chance, but you need to carry that care on for years and years faithfully.

Moorish Idol died, along with my dwarf llion, file fish, valentini puffer, aust harlequin tusk, pretty much every fish died except moray and the snails.

That was 3 weeks ago. Dont know what happened. Did a lot water changes last 3 weeks. Parameters all good. Tank looks good. Put 2 clowns in today and a blue spot puffer.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390727663.520550.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390727716.216888.jpg

Figured id see what happens. Moray is fine. Couldn't see disease. Parameters were ok, little high but not bad. Have done daily water changes.

Back
Top Bottom