multiple pygmy angelfish compatibility?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CARM

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering, would I be able to acquire a Coral Beauty and a Flame Angel and keep them together in a 29 gallon FOWLR tank? (There is 22lbs. of LR in the tank.)
I am in love with both but I don't want to end up with conflict within the tank!

the coral beauty might get beat up .. it might not its pretty hit or miss with both those species... or so ive found... are these the only 2 fish that youll be adding? if you already have fish in there putting both or even one might push you to overstocked

@Brad.Sedore, thanks for your input!

yeah I definately want to avoid overstocking...
I have a Yellowtail Damsel and 2 O. Clownfish in the tank atm
My future outlook for the tank is a total of 5 small fish, so the two pygmies would be it.
I've heard it's ok if I introduce the two at the same time...? any thoughts?

Same as before it will be hit and miss.. the Flame will be your problem IF you have one .. the CB are usually pretty cool tempered . my suggestion personally would be to avoid one or the other and find yourself another species to add to your tank. or just stop at one. maybe one of the pygmy wrasse, theres a couple hawks you could have.. plenty of options to avoid conflict.

Back
Top Bottom