My 55gal just added lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theman2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Black peacock lionfish
Picasso trigger
Lobster
Multiple snails and a few crabs

Attachments

• image-760933120.jpg
    image-760933120.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 190
  • image-2866600120.jpg
    image-2866600120.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 190
There a re few questions I have.
Why no live rock?
Why bubbles?
What filtration?
Why is there a trigger with a lion and lobster?
trigger 15-18"
Lion 12-15" (basketball size)
Lobster 10+"
And these fish are going to get way way to big for this tank very quickly, there are quite a number of very nice (small) fish your 55 will accommodate
Just a few thoughts.

There's over 40lbs live rock in there... These are the fish I want... I liked bubbles... Have had no issues with my stocking at all... They get along just fine... Wanted a predator/aggressive tank not a community lame tiny fish tank..Don't plan on keeping them in there when adult size.... Fluval 406 filtration and koali powerhead

Theman2000 said:
There's over 40lbs live rock in there... These are the fish I want... I liked bubbles... Have had no issues with my stocking at all... They get along just fine... Wanted a predator/aggressive tank not a community lame tiny fish tank..Don't plan on keeping them in there when adult size.... Fluval 406 filtration and koali powerhead

Haha luv the no fishing sign haha funny. My only concern would be the plastic plants since marine fish do tend to nibble on plants and could be fatal if swallowed >.< still nice tank.

FishWorks AK said:
And these fish are going to get way way to big for this tank very quickly, there are quite a number of very nice (small) fish your 55 will accommodate
Just a few thoughts.

Id have to agree. The lion especially will get waaaaayyy to big for a 55 gallon, and very quick. The lobster won't last very long with a trigger and lion in there as well. And I hope you upgrade your filtration or you will have problems keeping water quality up with a canister filter with very very large fish in a very small tank.

I understand these are the fish you want, but you have to take into consideration the needs for these beautiful fish.. When full grown, the lion will have trouble turning around in that sized tank.

Sorry if I sound a little mean, but just trying to help you out before losing a ton of money on these fish when they die after a short lived life

Theman2000 said:

Well technically your fish tank is the exact same size with small fish or big fish. Lol you just decided that you would rather get fish that get wayy too big for the tank rather then thinking it our and buying fish that could live a good, healthy life in your size tank.

Back
Top Bottom