My first fish in my 30 gallon FOWLR tabk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elude82 said:
I would go with a Skunk cleaner. Very effective shrimp, serve multiple purposes, very vibrant, and probably have the most personality.

LOVE my cleaner shrimp. Here's some pics of him cleaning my bartletts anthias. He'll spend couple minutes cleaning her every few days. It's so cute to watch. Definitely recommend cleaner shrimp!! :)

image-4134020347.jpg

image-1688124684.jpg

Elude82 said:
Ok, went through my phone and posted some quick pictures in my profile, so you can look at my profile and just click on pictures. I will post more, especially of the aggressive tank in the near future.

Great pics, ur tank is awesome, i want a mandrin myself, was that a pic of a horseshoe crab or a ray? How big does it get? I loved it

It's a horseshoe crab. One of my favorites. And they are pretty entertaining swimmers!!! Lol they are awesome at sifting sand, my opinion the best at sifting sand. My opinion, a must have for every non aggressive tank. They grow to be big, but I have had mine since February and haven't noticed that much growth. Right now that one is about the size of a quarter, another the same size, and the other is about a half dollar size.

Also, thanks Antonio718. This wasn't any of their original tanks. All the invertebrates were in a 10 gallon tank, and most of the fish were in a 56 column tank. It is still a work in progress. I will keep posting pics.

Elude82 said:
Also, thanks Antonio718. This wasn't any of their original tanks. All the invertebrates were in a 10 gallon tank, and most of the fish were in a 56 column tank. It is still a work in progress. I will keep posting pics.

No prob, and yes keep posting pics, ill probally have new pics up friday when i go get my shrimps lol

Got my two new editions to my tank, coral banded shrimp and a lettuce nudibranch

image-3103064613.jpg

I love the coral banded shrimp!!!! Inverts are my favorite!!!! The best tank I ever started was my invert tank!!! I am probably going the my LFS tomorrow and buying a mated pair! If I do I will post the pics so you can see.

Elude82 said:
I love the coral banded shrimp!!!! Inverts are my favorite!!!! The best tank I ever started was my invert tank!!! I am probably going the my LFS tomorrow and buying a mated pair! If I do I will post the pics so you can see.

Thats my favorite invert, i always wantes one from the first day i seen it, yes post pics up would like to see, probally next week im gonna get another fish, just dont kno which one yet, thinking of a flame angel but im worried he will bother my clowns i heard they can be bullys and i heard it would best to get him last, i might get a raccoon butterfly fish which is one of my favorites too, and i kno eventually it will out grow my tank but my lfs said i can bring it back when it gets big and i can do a trade in or something

What's up Antonio!!!!! Nice!!!!! I think the Pom pom crab is awesome!!! This guy is jealous!!!!! You know I love my inverts, and that is one of the little guys my LFS never has!!!! I never bought an emerald crab, but see them all the time at my LFS. **** I'm jealous!!!! I think if you browse my profile I have pics of most of my inverts from my 55gallon. Let me know what you are planning on getting next!!!!! Excited for you!

Elude82 said:
What's up Antonio!!!!! Nice!!!!! I think the Pom pom crab is awesome!!! This guy is jealous!!!!! You know I love my inverts, and that is one of the little guys my LFS never has!!!! I never bought an emerald crab, but see them all the time at my LFS. **** I'm jealous!!!! I think if you browse my profile I have pics of most of my inverts from my 55gallon. Let me know what you are planning on getting next!!!!! Excited for you!

Thanks man, yeah i love my inverts, all doing good except for my hermit crabs eating two of my snails lol, but the lfs gave ne two of them today for free after i told them lol, yeah your inverts are great, dunno what inverts i want next i want them all lol, i was thinking about getting a blue spotted goby as a next fish though, what you think? And thanks again

I notice u have a mandarin goby, i want one buy everyone keeps tellin me to hold off on it cuz they mostly eat coppods and hard to take care of

Yes, as much as I like my mandarin, and they are without a doubt one of or the most beautiful fish, they are a lot to keep up with, due to the copepods!!!! I was told to wait also, due to them needing an established tank with copepods. I went and bought a bottle of copepods, microscopic sized, waited months for them to mature. Some about 3/4 in long if not longer. In the wild mandarins eat about one copepod every 3-4 seconds. So you run out fast. For food they aren't cheap either.

Elude82 said:
Yes, as much as I like my mandarin, and they are without a doubt one of or the most beautiful fish, they are a lot to keep up with, due to the copepods!!!! I was told to wait also, due to them needing an established tank with copepods. I went and bought a bottle of copepods, microscopic sized, waited months for them to mature. Some about 3/4 in long if not longer. In the wild mandarins eat about one copepod every 3-4 seconds. So you run out fast. For food they aren't cheap either.

What are the cost for copepods? My friend said he baught 1000 for like $5 but not all lfs have them, the mandarin wont eat any other fish food?

My absolute favorite inverts are still my pair of Skunk cleaner shrimps. They have character, and are very vibrant!!!! I like my inverts, because they will just eat straight from your hand. so in the tank I have: 2 skunk cleaner shrimps, a camel or camelback shrimp: very fast, pretty, but can be shy at times, a sponge crab: very laid back, hangs out on top of the sponge as in the pic on my profile, has character, and is the most comfortable eating out of my hand, horseshoe crabs: in the sand most of the time, which is great for stirring up the sand, when they are out, they are entertaining swimmers: a porcelain crab: hides most of the time, seems to be nocturnal, but is amazing at fanning through the water getting debris out, a chocolate chip starfish: for a starfish he is all over the tank! a lot of different hermit crabs, and snails!!!!! And when you have your first outbreak of red algae, and you will, buy some turbo snails. I have Mexicans, that are great, but recently bought Fiji turbo snails and they will polish any algae they come across right off your tank, sand, or rocks!!!! Must haves! I am always on the hunt for more inverts!

My LFS doesn't sell them, wish they did. I saw them online for a crazy amount of money. All I can do is buy them out of the bottles, and breed them as much as I can. No, I have never seen the mandarin eat anything else. they are about as picky of eaters as they come.

Elude82 said:
My LFS doesn't sell them, wish they did. I saw them online for a crazy amount of money. All I can do is buy them out of the bottles, and breed them as much as I can. No, I have never seen the mandarin eat anything else. they are about as picky of eaters as they come.

I baught a lettuce nudibranch last week and at first i thought my hermit crabs ate him but now that im thinkin about it i think he got sucked into my powerhead, cuz i seen pieces of him all over my tank, it sad cuz i liked him, in hopin my pom pom crab doesnt get sucked up either cuz it looks like hes struggling alittle, cuz i see him holdin on to my rock and not really movin much, hea right under it, hes pretty small, my emerald is a little bigger and is doin fine hes already eatin my hair alge off the rocks and hes a little bigger

Im thinking about getting a blue spotted goby next, what you think?

Back
Top Bottom