My new yellow coris is hiding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caryvera

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello to everyone:

I bought a yellow coris about two days ago and all he's done is hide in the sand. He was happily swimming about a tank with other fish at the LFS but he was sure quick to dive into the sand in our tank.

Yesterday, I caught a quick glimpse at him for about a minute so I know he's alive. But, haven't seen scale or fin since.

I've got a 55 gal. tank with a pajama cardinal, a firefish and a tomato clown. They all get along well together.

Should I worry that he's not coming out to eat? Is this normal behavior for a yellow coris? Is there anything I can do to help him adapt to our tank?

Thanks!
Cary

I've never personally kept coris wrasses, but all the other wrasses I've owned have taken varying amounts of time to settle into the tank. When I got my Scott's fairy wrasse, I thought it was dead, I didn't see it for 2 weeks. Even then it was reluctant to come out and cruise the tank for another week. I wouldn't worry just yet, it will probably be out cruising in a few days, the clown didn't pick on it when you put the new fish in the tank, did it?

I'm happy to report that the yellow coris has finally appeared and is eating well.

Around 4 pm, he must have decided it was safe to come out and has stayed out all afternoon. All the fish are getting along so far so it looks promising. The coris even stayed out when I got close to put food in the tank.

Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom