My next fish will be a....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magnus

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting another fish in the next week or so, and am not sure which would be best.

To date, I have:

1 percula clown
5 blue legged hermits
1 black brittle star
8 nassarius snails
2 cerith snails
1 peppermint shrimp.

I want to get a skunk cleaner shrimp to complete my cleanup crew, but in terms of fish i'm thinking of the following:

1. Royal Gramma
2. Neon or Firefish Goby
3. Coral Beauty

Any suggestions on which one to add first? (i'm going for the most non-aggressive fish that I can, with some variety in colour).

If this is a FOWLR tank then the coral beauty would be a nice addition. What size tank is this?

Fantastic! My LFS has both...now to decide which one...

Now as far as the goby and gramma are concerned, are there any issues with getting either of them last? I'm only planning on the 4 fish for my tank.

I personally dont think so but maybe someone else can offer some advice. Did you look at that link with all the different angels on it.

Yeah, that's a wicked website. Tons of good info with photos to match. Thanks! (turns out the fish in their beginner SW tank section are all the ones I wanted. )

Personally I'd get the angel last. My pygmy angel was not pleased when I introduced a new fish. In my case the new fish was a hawkfish and was not about to be intimidated, but a meek gramma or particularly a firefish might get bullied.

Coral beauties are one of my favorites, though, good choice!

Yeah eh? So maybe go gramma or goby first? I suppose as long as either of those two aren't upset by newer fish I'd be ok with one of them.

In general you want to add the most aggressive or territorial fish last. Goby and firefish are probably more timid then a dwarf angel. Dwarf angels aren't known for being overly aggressive either though so you "should" be ok either was as along as you don't get a fish with a roten personality.

Ok. I'll see what my local LFS has in stock, hopefully it's either the gramma or one of the goby's. I'm hoping for the neon goby, since a bit of blue would be nice in the tank.

I saw what you had for a goby but let me suggest a pick spotted goby. They are very personable and mug for the camera every chance they get. Here is mine

000_0252.jpg

Back
Top Bottom