my stocking levels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
yeah i am thinking about my stocking levels, i have a 100 gallon tank, and i am thinking of having 4 clowns in in, percula or ocell....... ones, and a yellow tang, a flame angle, and a coral beauty, i am thinking of adding them in this order, with the last two going in at the same time,
does this sound okay?
thank you,
andrew

you may have compatability issues with the flame and beauty and i would add the tang last i believe sounds like a pretty mix of color for your tank nice choices maybe someone else will know better about the 2 angels.

yeah i have been wondering this and have seen other people with them in and they said they added them at the same time, i know that angles arent really compatable with each other, but then i thought also that they are such different colours that it may be alright? i hope.

why add the tang last?

i am also thinking of having, 10 red legs and 10 turbo snail, and two clearner shrimps, does this sound okay?

once the tang is established he may object to any new additions my kole was added way after the blenny but makes sure the blenny knows his place he does not object to the clowns maybe because they are not competition for his alage i gave up on turbos they will depend on you to turn them back over when they fall on their back or they will be crab and shrimp food.i love my cleaner i will be getting more always see him i do not think they ever sleep always busy.have a blood or fire shrimp that i never see unless i crane my neck and peer in the rock.

pomme said:
i have a 100 gallon tank, and i am thinking of having 4 clowns in in, percula or ocell.......
I would suggest only two clowns not 4. As they mature and pair, there will be fighting and probabley one or more will killed. In a much larger tank this may be possible but not in a 100 gal.

As well, the dwarf angels will be a risk if this is to be a reef tank. They have a nasty habit of nipping corals. If FOWLR or FO you will only need to worry about aggression between the two as alrmc4 pointed out. Personally, if an FO I wouldn't mix them.

alrmc4 said:
i gave up on turbos they will depend on you to turn them back over when they fall on their back or they will be crab and shrimp food
Not to argue but these may in fact be Astrea snails. Often they are sold as turbos and not as efficient at righting themselves. A true turban sp. should have no problem self righting and will also have a closable door on the shell opening.

Cheers
Steve

thanks steve they were sold to me as turbos but i would not have known.

Back
Top Bottom