Nano temp??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWFanAtiC69

Aquarium Advice Regular
ANY1 here ever had a nano cube tank, with the lighting running so hoTT even with the lil poopie cooling fan thats in there it raises the temp to like 84 degrees F. Would you guys recommend running a Chiller for this tank, its only a 14 gallon i just got it to mess around with. But i dont want to fry my critters!! I dont know if its worth buying a chiller for, or if some people here have like a special way to lower temp. Cause obv i wana have my lights on!! theres gonna be corals in it!! THanks

84 is a little high but is it staying at that temp all day and nite. Stability is a key when it comes to temps. I ran my 55 when I had it at 82 but it stayed there all the time. You dont want your temps bouncing around.The top is probably not open where you can run a fan across it, is it?

You can upgrade fans. Look up nancustoms or "nano modifications" in a search engine.

it hasnt been higher than 82 all day and iv been running the lights the day light compact and the actinic compact at same time. It hasnt gotten hotter than 82 so far. Im going to be leavin soon and i might just run the actinic while i go. Cause i notice the fan doesnt kick on unless the Day light is on, not the actinic. The top can open if i open it up, and then there is a seperate flap that opens for like putting chemicals or food in. I thought about running a fan. Iv just never owned one before and i didnt know if this was a faulty kit, or what or they are just prown to this since its powerful lighting on such a lil tank. Its a 14 gallon by the way. lemme know guys. Thanks for quick responses

I`m sure the smaller tank and lighting is contributing. How about when the lighting goes out at nite what does the temp go down to or does it stay at 82?

I just want to say that if the actinic and daylight are the same wattage, they put out the same amount of heat. A watt is a watt and will always produce the same amount of heat. The color of the bulb means nothing.

Um in not sure Mel, I just got it but tonight im going to keep track so when you get on tomorrow check back and i will let you know! Cause i have a 50w heater for it but havent used it, but if its going down in the night which it prolly is then i need to install it immediately. im pretty sure you can set it at a certain temp anyways. Cause the being hott n the day and the cooler in the morning is def not good if that is the case, i will getback with you tomorrow. Thanks for help and concern!!

Mel, Just woke up and the temp is down to 77 now. So obv this isnt a good sign because the temp keeps on fluctuating depending on the time of day, and i know this is going to stress the fish out when i get em and also lower than immunity. So i got a 50 watt heater brand new im going to put that in the back in chamber3, Im just worried cause in the day time i dont want it to overheat the tank. we will see though, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you as I have a Nanocube 28 HQI with known cooling issues, plus the Nanotuners 36 w actinic add-on. I'll probably end up buying their fan upgrade too. I'm cycling right now so not using the halides, but I am "building" a fan setup to blow across the rear sump to see if I can lower the temps a little that way. If I'm still not happy, I plan on building a small 2-fan setup where the feeding door is.

For me, the chiller is a last effort (too much $$$ invested already).

No way, i cant believe how much they expect one to pay for a chiller for a nano. Im sure their are all sorts of ways you can use fans to cool it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I did with my JBJ nanocube was open the hood, unscrewed the fans, turn them over and screwed them back in. The factory application comes so that the fans blow ambient air into the hood, I changed them so they blow the hot air out of the hood. It helped lower my temp by a couple of degrees.

wow, it worked? Maybe ill try to put 2 going in and two going out to circulate air. might work eh?

Back
Top Bottom