Nassarius Vibex help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchase 10 Nassarius Vibex online for my 21g, when they came there was like 25-30 of them, is that ok or to much?

Way too much, even 10 is quite a few too many. I have 4 in my 24 and think that is a bit excessive. Contact the seller or see if your lfs wants some free nassarius, as they sell them for $2-$3 a piece.

Nassarius are NOT algae eaters, they eat excess food and waste. So unless you're feeding 5 times more than your tanks need they will starve.

Unless you like to feed snails lol. I have 20 in my 29g cube and i just love shutting off the flow and watching them all rise to the surface. They clean everything I put in within about 10 minutes. I get alot of enjoyment just from my snails.

i also do the same thing in my 125g where I have 40 of them. Feeding time is soo cool in there.

But for most people that amount is excessive, i agree see if your lfs will take some.

Sarcothelia said:
Way too much, even 10 is quite a few too many. I have 4 in my 24 and think that is a bit excessive. Contact the seller or see if your lfs wants some free nassarius, as they sell them for $2-$3 a piece.

Nassarius are NOT algae eaters, they eat excess food and waste. So unless you're feeding 5 times more than your tanks need they will starve.

I'm looking at them and they are Dwarf Cerith my bad, I ordered 3 and I got 25- 30, they are small

Ah, dwarf ceriths you say. So long as you have lots of algae it's fine. Just be sure to put in some strips of nori or whatnot if your tank is algae free.

And lol Carey, if I had 20 in my 24 they'd be bumping into each other constantly,50% of my sand bed is covered in rock and since it's a cube it doesn't have a large bed to begin with.

And lol Carey, if I had 20 in my 24 they'd be bumping into each other constantly,50% of my sand bed is covered in rock and since it's a cube it doesn't have a large bed to begin with.

LOL Mine are all hidden at this second but the second I drop some flake food in---whoosh out they come. They remind me of little sand monsters that just rise shell first outta the sand. It's one of the thngs about saltwater that I enjoy so much.

Back
Top Bottom