Need answers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FOWLR-JUNKIE

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I just got my tank about 2 weeks ago.. And I needed to know bout this small bubble I see In the seam.. It's just one but wanted to know is it dangerous..? A lot of people said no but just wanted to ask my fellow tank keepers.. Also overflows.. Are over flows needed for a tank..? Would the fish going overboard if they not there..? I'll attach some pics.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412296768.012586.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412296800.781085.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412296821.497019.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you have a drilled tank, you should have an overflow box of some type around the intake lines to your sump. It will 'set' the water level of your tank as it skims from the water level. It will also prevent fish from getting sucked down into the drains.

Ok just wanted to ask cuz I was going to get some clear pvc and set it up like that.. But what u think about the bubble..? It's a 240g tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I can't see any 'bubble' in your pictures.
You don't want to use clear pvc or any plexiglass for that matter. Using clear over black or regular pvc will end up with algae growth inside the overflow and/or pvc. This will lead to it getting clogged, which will be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom