need help, how to make butterfly to eat??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyawgyi1968

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there,
I got 3 spotted garupa and 2 butterfly from abroad. I put them in the quartiene tank 30 gallons. They r 2 weeks now in the QT tank. 2 butterflys r refuce to eat totally. I tried with mix fresh food,live artimia,prawn meat. Nothing works. Try to lower the salinity to 1.018 to get good appitite. Other 3 fishes eat like pigs.
can somebody advice me how to make them eat??
thx in advance!!!!!
kyaw

Try garlic guard....if you can get the product, or use garlic (not a lot) and soak their food 20-30 mins in it.
They are very finicky waters.
Try mysis or brine when you soak.

Thanks for the quick reply,
My home made mix food include fresh garlic. They look very thin now. I always keep new fish in the QT tank for 5 weeks. Will they survive??? i don't think so:(.
Anyway thanks,
Kyaw

Put a Gun to there Fins and tell them to eat now or forever whole there peace.... :snipersmile:If that does not work then tell them your going to get your samurai Sword:ninja: and fry them. that should work.... LOL

:D

Put a Gun to there Fins and tell them to eat now or forever whole there peace.... :snipersmile:If that does not work then tell them your going to get your samurai Sword:ninja: and fry them. that should work.... LOL

:D
Thanks , very good idea, i should ask very often;)
Anyway picture is that fish which is refuse to eat.

Attachments

• PICT0936small.jpg
    PICT0936small.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 103
That is not a butterfly, it is an angelfish: Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus. Try adding a sheet of nori or similar algae if brine shrimp isn't working.

I agree with James that dried seaweed might work. It is an angel as James said also.

Kywagyi968:

can I please ask, what kind of camera do u have? Those are great shots of your tank.

Thanks,
Really, i am very new to marine aquarium. Only 1 year old:). They looks like butterflys, that's why i can't find that picture in the butterflies. I should post it earlier, so i might save him. I put some vitamin directly to the tank this morning.
Sad thing is one of that angel is lying down this morning. I'll try to find some nori this morning.

Dear AlyG
The camera which i use is not very good one. I bought it from Canton Fair(china). Even no name on it, cause they want to sell OEM. I think when i take the picture , i always take in the dark with tanks lights on. So no reflection from the tank glass.

Anyway thanks again to everybody. I'll keep update.
Brdgs,
kyaw

lsat 2 days ago, i put the left angel fish into my community tank. Still she fefuce to eat. i tried with nori. Finally this morning, i found him lying on the sand. I think he'll passaway today.
Anyway, thanks for all advice.
Brdgs,
Kyaw

Back
Top Bottom